The Seiko Pogue is an automatic chronograph watch that was produced by Seiko between 1969 and 1979. It was designed for use by pilots and was named after Colonel William Pogue, who wore the watch during the Skylab 4 mission in 1973.
It is often considered a milestone in the history of Seiko watches, as it was one of the first automatic chronographs to be produced and was the first to feature a vertical clutch system.
The Seiko Pogue 6139 is considered a classic among Seiko enthusiasts and is highly sought after by collectors. It was the first automatic chronograph to be produced in Japan and is notable for its distinctive yellow dial and red-tipped chronograph hand.
The Seiko Pogue 6139 is a reliable and accurate watch, with a power reserve of up to 45 hours. It is also relatively affordable compared to other vintage chronographs, making it a popular choice among collectors and enthusiasts alike.
Movement: Automatic, Seiko 6139A
Case diameter: 41mm
Case material: Stainless steel
Water resistance: 70m
Crystal: Hardlex mineral glass
Features: Chronograph, date display, day display (English and Spanish), 30-minute and 12-hour sub-dials, bi-directional rotating bezel
Bracelet: Stainless steel (original)
Warranty, Loyalty and Covenant Terms
1. Our custom watches are NOT RETURABLE, but DO follow the conditions below. Please do your due-diligence before purchasing as we will not accept any returns based on accidental purchase, fitment, or changing of one’s mind.
2. One year craftsmanship policy for Hands, Bezel inserts, and Movements: This means that within one year if the hands become loose, bezel insert falls out, or the movement (automatic, not battery movements) stops, we will repair and replace (including shipping) at our expense.
3. 5 year repair policy: If you break it, we’ll fix it at a discount of 20% off labor plus parts, shipping/insurance not included.
4. 5 year update/mod policy: If you want to upgrade your timepiece, we will offer you a discount on labor at 20% off. All you’ll have to pay is for parts and shipping.
5. Although most of our watches are pressure (water) tested, we DO NOT warranty for water damage as most automatic watches use a screw-down crown and this is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure the watch fitted and secured properly.
6. On our email list? Bought a watch from us? Excellent! You’ll receive special discounts based on your affiliation with our company. The more you buy, the more you save!
Fraud and Theft
Our goal is to see ever single transaction completed in a satisfactory fashion for our clients. With this said, please be aware that Maryland Watch Works has their own IN HOUSE investigative staff that overlooks each transaction for authenticity and security purposes. If at any time a flag is raised from your purchase such as invalid address, suspicious paypal accounts, mismatched information, or any other suspicious activity, you may be contacted before we ship your purchase for verification. We also find it very important that you communicate with us if we reach out to you via email or phone call. This ensures we know who you are and can get your purchase to you safely and in a timely manor. Lastly, please be aware that we DO work with local law enforcement across the US and WILL prosecute against fraudulent purchases at the highest level possible.
All payments are through our website or through Paypal. Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express can also be processed through Paypal.
Immediate payment is required. If you want to combine shipping on multiple purchases, please contact us before processing payment.
Sales tax of 6% will be charged for purchases in the US.
Items will only be shipped once payment has been confirmed as received.
First and foremost we want our Maryland Watch Works customers to be completely satisfied with their buying experience. We try to post as many pictures as possible, and list any details that may effect a sale. All watches are extensively photographed and inspected prior to shipping and are in perfect working order, unless stated otherwise. If you have a problem with a watch you purchased, please refer to the warranty information above as we no longer accept returns.
Please closely look over all photos and descriptions in listings before committing to a purchase.
We do NOT provide refunds for damages outside of our control including water damaged as mentioned above.
We currently ship to the continental US. If you need international shipping certain terms and conditions will apply.
We hold no liability once watches have been given (with proof of tracking) to USPS or any other postal service we use. If this is a problem, you are more than welcome to have us add shipping insurance for an additional fee.
Buyer is responsible for the correct shipping address at the time of payment, and for any taxes, duties, import fees that may apply.
We ship with USPS only, within 1-2 business from the time of payment.
Shipping times by the carrier may be affected by volume (holiday season) and other circumstances (weather, pandemic, etc). You will be provided with a tracking number once package has shipped.
We will do discounted shipping on multiple items. Please contact us before processing payment.