The LeCoultre Futurematic was produced in several different versions, including models with different dial colors and materials. Some versions of the watch also had additional features, such as a moon phase indicator or a day/date display.
Despite its age, the LeCoultre Futurematic remains a highly accurate and reliable timepiece, thanks to its innovative automatic winding mechanism and high-quality construction. Its power reserve indicator is a particularly useful feature for ensuring that the watch is wound and running properly at all times.
The LeCoultre Futurematic power reserve indicator watch is a vintage timepiece that was first introduced in the early 1950s by the Swiss luxury watch manufacturer LeCoultre (now known as Jaeger-LeCoultre).
One of the key features of this watch is its automatic winding system, which uses a rotor that oscillates to wind the mainspring. This mechanism is housed in a unique “bumper” case, which has a spring-loaded rotor that rebounds against two buffers in order to generate power.
A notable feature of the LeCoultre Futurematic is its power reserve indicator, which displays the amount of energy remaining in the mainspring. This indicator is located at the 12 o’clock position on the dial and is marked with a red segment that moves as the power reserve is depleted.
The watch has a distinctive design, with a minimalistic dial that features a textured finish and simple hour markers.
The LeCoultre Futurematic was a groundbreaking timepiece when it was first introduced, and it remains highly sought after by collectors today. Its combination of technical innovation and classic design make it a true icon of mid-century horology.
Movement: Bumper Automatic, LeCoultre Calibre 817
Case diameter: 35mm (gold filled)
Case material: Stainless steel, yellow gold, or rose gold
Features: Power reserve indicator, central seconds hand, date display
Water resistance: Not specified
Warranty, Loyalty and Covenant Terms
1. Our custom watches are NOT RETURABLE, but DO follow the conditions below. Please do your due-diligence before purchasing as we will not accept any returns based on accidental purchase, fitment, or changing of one’s mind.
2. One year craftsmanship policy for Hands, Bezel inserts, and Movements: This means that within one year if the hands become loose, bezel insert falls out, or the movement (automatic, not battery movements) stops, we will repair and replace (including shipping) at our expense.
3. 5 year repair policy: If you break it, we’ll fix it at a discount of 20% off labor plus parts, shipping/insurance not included.
4. 5 year update/mod policy: If you want to upgrade your timepiece, we will offer you a discount on labor at 20% off. All you’ll have to pay is for parts and shipping.
5. Although most of our watches are pressure (water) tested, we DO NOT warranty for water damage as most automatic watches use a screw-down crown and this is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure the watch fitted and secured properly.
6. On our email list? Bought a watch from us? Excellent! You’ll receive special discounts based on your affiliation with our company. The more you buy, the more you save!
Fraud and Theft
Our goal is to see ever single transaction completed in a satisfactory fashion for our clients. With this said, please be aware that Maryland Watch Works has their own IN HOUSE investigative staff that overlooks each transaction for authenticity and security purposes. If at any time a flag is raised from your purchase such as invalid address, suspicious paypal accounts, mismatched information, or any other suspicious activity, you may be contacted before we ship your purchase for verification. We also find it very important that you communicate with us if we reach out to you via email or phone call. This ensures we know who you are and can get your purchase to you safely and in a timely manor. Lastly, please be aware that we DO work with local law enforcement across the US and WILL prosecute against fraudulent purchases at the highest level possible.
All payments are through our website or through Paypal. Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express can also be processed through Paypal.
Immediate payment is required. If you want to combine shipping on multiple purchases, please contact us before processing payment.
Sales tax of 6% will be charged for purchases in the US.
Items will only be shipped once payment has been confirmed as received.
First and foremost we want our Maryland Watch Works customers to be completely satisfied with their buying experience. We try to post as many pictures as possible, and list any details that may effect a sale. All watches are extensively photographed and inspected prior to shipping and are in perfect working order, unless stated otherwise. If you have a problem with a watch you purchased, please refer to the warranty information above as we no longer accept returns.
Please closely look over all photos and descriptions in listings before committing to a purchase.
We do NOT provide refunds for damages outside of our control including water damaged as mentioned above.
We currently ship to the continental US. If you need international shipping certain terms and conditions will apply.
We hold no liability once watches have been given (with proof of tracking) to USPS or any other postal service we use. If this is a problem, you are more than welcome to have us add shipping insurance for an additional fee.
Buyer is responsible for the correct shipping address at the time of payment, and for any taxes, duties, import fees that may apply.
We ship with USPS only, within 1-2 business from the time of payment.
Shipping times by the carrier may be affected by volume (holiday season) and other circumstances (weather, pandemic, etc). You will be provided with a tracking number once package has shipped.
We will do discounted shipping on multiple items. Please contact us before processing payment.